Because I am an idiot

Meigan was kind enough to send me some diabetic recipes to try out and because I'm getting sick of a slab of meat + a measly 1/2 cup of carbs I thought - why not! I love making soups and was excited to try the Ginger Carrot Soup. Plus I would get to use my oh-so-neglected food processor. It's so fun to use but I just don't have use for it that much. Martha always uses hers for everything...but I haven't been very "Martha-ish" lately.

So, I got home after running some errands, chopped everything, used some turkey broth that I had been saving in my freezer for base (I'm always excited to get to use that too), threw it all in a pot and let it cook for about an hour. It smelled delish. By the time an hour was up I was starving. I cut up some crusty bread (mmmm....) and called Steve to the table.

However, I didn't FINISH the recipe! DUH.

I served my husband this:


Yes, that's right - it looks like carrots and peeled tomatoes in a watery broth. We ate it thinking nothing of it except that "maybe this is missing...something." But we both concluded that it was "okay" and "good" and we'd have it again some time in the future.

And then it hit me - I DIDN'T FINISH MAKING THE SOUP! I absolutely SKIPPED the processing part, the adding of milk & butter and re-heating. I really think this stupid-pregnancy bug is hitting me. So, after cleaning up after dinner I pureed everything in the processor, added the missing ingredients for 10 more minutes and ended up with this:


which we both tasted, liked (better!) and then froze for another day.

Ay yi yi.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh honey that is so something I would have done without the benefit of blaming pregnancy hormones. Looks good though, once you got it done!
Meigan said…
Oh my gosh, Carrie - I nearly peed my pants reading this. Thanks for a MUCH NEEDED laugh right before my big presentation!
carrster said…
Yeah - well, we had a good laugh last night too.

Steve just said "well, you learn from mistakes." He was very sweet about it. ha!
Cellomama said…
Oh - it's my fault 'cause I called right at dinner-making time!! I distracted you! Sorry!!
Whiskeymarie said…
That's so funny. I was looking at the first pictures thinking, "that just doesn't look quite right..."

Sorry to laugh at your pregnancy-induced foibles, but I couldn't help myself.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....