Something New


This week we're trying menu planning. I am so sick to death of the dreaded question "So what do you feel like for dinner tonight?" I could scream. I can't take it any more! I also can't take going to the grocery store 3 or 4 times a week because we can't decide what we want for dinner until RIGHT before we eat. So....I made a menu:

Sunday - Sammy's Pizza (I was craving it!)

Monday - Pumpkin Lasagne

Tuesday - leftovers

Wednesday - Taco Torilla dish (from Raesha's website)

Thursday - leftovers

Friday - I'm gone so....dinner on our own

I know this is pretty simple because we can have leftovers for 2 dinners and we're eating out one, but I feel good. It's a start.

Tonight's dinner - pumpkin lasagne - was quite good. Steve really liked it and I think I did too. I pretty much love pumpkin ANYTHING so...there ya go. Hopefully we'll be able to have more variety in our meals and less running to the store last minute. God, I hope so.

Comments

Peder said…
The menu is a great idea. Every night we go through the same deal, asking each other what we want until we settle on whatever is easiest. May have to try your approach.
Anonymous said…
I need to do that, just plan a menu. But I never know what I'm going to feel like eating. And also, on the weekend when I'm at the store, I'm always much more ambitious about what I feel like cooking. Then the weekday reality sets in and I realize that I don't have the time or inclination to make what I had planned. But I need to set a menu and stick with it.

Recipe for pumpkin lasagna please!
Test said…
We need to do that too. We often end up eating a lot of the same stuff.

I'm with Donna - can you share the pumpkin lasgana recipe. Jordan has gone vegetarian again so I'm looking for alternates.
Nanette said…
I always feel good when we plan meals ahead, which isn't very often. We tried to do that this weekend for this week, but I got laaazzzyyy...

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....