Showered!

I had a baby shower today! It was so much fun. Steve's Aunt threw it for me & Baby B. There were good friends & family there, lots of yummy things to eat and cute baby things too. A couple of difficult games (!) and the unsettling realization a couple times (internally) that this was a baby shower FOR ME! Weird.

The Chick Pea was showered with many very useful gifts - from a diaper pail full of diapering necessities (thanks, Mom!) to a fabulous glider for rocking & nursing (thanks MIL & FIL, SIL, et al) to cute things for the nursery. I am feeling so much more in the mood to get things squared away in the baby's room now. Eeeek!

My friend Sarah came up yesterday to hang out and she helped me clear out the last few things from the baby's room. Now we just need to put the molding up and remove a bookshelf. I feel like we're on the right path (lots still to be done, but the right path nonetheless). We had a good time hanging out - we talked a lot, went for a walk, ate Dairy Queen ice cream, watched DOWN WITH LOVE and slept in this morning.

I am pooped right now but Michelle is in town and I want to hang out with her tonight! I don't know how long I will last but it'll be fun to see her.

Now, I'm eagerly awaiting Steve's arrival home so I can show him baby things! wheeeee!

Oh! My appointment yesterday was LOOOOOOONG but good...when I saw my doctor (2 hours into my 3 hour glucose test) I had already passed the first 2 blood draws (2 more to go) so she wasn't too concerned. The ultrasound showed that Baby B is developing within normal ranges so she's not worried about the head/belly discrepancy either. Heartrate 144. Me? Still wanting more sweets than meats. Gender guesses anyone?

Here is a photo of our little one. I think he/she is absolutely ADORABLE. Heh. But I might be biased.

Comments

Anonymous said…
S/he looks just like you! And Steve! (can you tell I'm covering all my bases here?) But seriously such a cutie pie. Glad your shower was fun and you seem to out of the woods for GD.
Cellomama said…
YAY! I'm so glad things looked good for your GTT and the head/belly thing. Those both must be big loads off your mind!

I'm glad you had fun at your shower, too. I hope your next one can live up to it. :-)

As for the picture, I can't tell boy or girl, but just wait - you'll be amazed to look back at it after Baby B makes his/her arrival. I have an ultrasound profile shot of Kate and I remember just being amazed at how much it really looked like her after she was born. SO FUN!!
kmd said…
AW! Amazing!
Nanette said…
Very exciting!
Meigan said…
How beautiful! At first I was thinking girl, but now I'm switching. You've got a little mister in there.

You know, too - don't you???

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....