Restaurant Shoot Update

The shoot last night went very well. I thought it was going to go BADLY because I was such a spazz/freakazoid before leaving home. I was trying to cook the pumpkin lasagna, get everything ready (for me), clean off the kitchen table, get ALL the dishes done, etc etc...and things weren't going my way. I kept dropping dishes (I thought one of the beautiful Fiesta Ware plates broke, but it didn't...just an onion skin stuck to it), I cut my finger pretty bloodily on the apple slicer, Jason kept calling me asking for technical support (I'm not good at that over the phone) and I was running late. Hmph.

But I chilled out on my 20 minute drive up the shore and found everything & everybody to be in good spirits and ready to go.

The Scenic Cafe is awesome. Steve & I have eaten there before and we enjoy it. They have a unique and varied menu - the presentation is half the fun of the food - a stellar wine list, excellent desserts and in the summer a beautiful garden that you can sit out in and watch the moonrise over Lake Superior - if you so desire. Scott, the Proprietor and Chef, catered our Open House last spring and he agreed to let us shoot there. I was planning on ordering the food for our actors/extras and if people wanted wine or other alcohol that was on them. I was so surprised when Scott said - nope, everything was on him. With a couple stipulations - 1) that we take care of his server at the end of the night (which we did) and 2) that everyone who was dining come back and dine again there. SOLD! It was incredible. Everyone was "fat & happy" to say the least. Steve joined us and we each had dessert (I had triple-berry pie and he had chocolate bread pudding). The scene went off very nicely and it was a good ending to our productive (pun intended) day.

Tonight we have a shoot at the Holiday Inn. Low-impact. Should be fun.

Comments

Test said…
Isn't that place great! We stopped there with Heather on the way up to your wedding :)
carrster said…
Yeah - I really dig that place. It's especially nice when there is good weather, we can sit in the garden & I can drink wine! ha! (soon....)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....