Enveloping Creativity



I'm a participant in the Modern Letter Project and on their site a while back I noticed a "make your own envelopes out of recycled materials" tutorial.

So, while my never-ending crap clean-out continues at home, I discovered a couple of beautiful calendars that I've been carrying with me (from home to home) for the past 7 or 8 years (!). I loved these photos but didn't know what to do with them....so I decided to make envelopes out of them.




I tried the tutorial first, but I didn't like it. I didn't have any control over the size and the angles and that bugged me. So, I undid a standard "card envelope" that I use frequently for the greeting cards that I make, and made my own template from that. I then sat down and made envelopes out of 2 years + worth of calendar art. I think they turned out really nicely and I can't wait to use them! AND I got rid of more crap in the process...okay - mostly the crap just changed shape and moved locations, but now at least it's usable crap!


Comments

Cellomama said…
Wow - those are beautiful!! What a great idea!!
Test said…
what a cool idea!
Laura said…
What a great idea! And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who moves and takes all her old calendars with her. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....