Organizational Bug

The Organizational Bug has hit...I wouldn't say that I'm quite "nesting" yet but this is definitely pre-nesting or otherwise known as I'M STARTING TO FREAK OUT because a WEE SMALL PERSON WHO'S TOTALLY DEPENDENT ON US IS MOVING IN IN JANUARY (110 days, not that I'm counting...).

My bill paying system had been WAY out of whack since about May and it was driving me nuts. I'm rather anal about such things and had to that back in line. Today, finally, after 3 or 4 days I think I have it back as I like it to be (it involves spreadsheets, formulas, blah blah blah - very nerdy). I feel as though a weight has been listed. I can now estimate how much I can put in my savings, our joint savings, our LA trip fund, 401k, towards that one nasty remaining credit card, etc. I feel much better about things. Thank God.

The next task to accomplish is cleaning out the craft room as it will become Baby B's room. I have these fears of something happening, baby coming early and then us not being ready - at all - in our house to deal with it! It's complicated because our house is small and we have too much stuff for how much space we have. We also have no linen closet which drives me batty.

So, I have to move all my sewing, knitting, scrapbooking, card-making & miscellaneous craft project supplies to....um, somewhere...all the while trying to keep up with my list of Christmas projects that should now be very much underway (um, more on that later). Next I have to clean out the closets in the front bedroom - they are a combo of linen closet (towels, sheets, extras supplies, etc) and craft supplies (it's everywhere), and random junk that needs to be dealt with. BECAUSE the close in the "craft/baby" room now is Steve's clothes closet. So in order to get him out of there - he has to have the front bedroom closet to move into. Then after much rearranging and shelf building, we should have an empty room & closet for Baby. Oh and I have a dresser (IKEA - I stained it green when I lived in LA - it's pretty nice) in the craft room that houses ribbons, wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue, etc....do you think this dresser would work for the baby or do we need a different, new "baby" dresser? We're leaving the room green & yellow so the green dresser would work in there, I'm just torn about it. Otherwise I suppose it will end up in the basement (or the "Land of Confusion").

Next I have a whole list full of Christmas gifts that I am supposed to be working on or acquiring so that come November & December I can relax and not be all stressed out and work on my Holiday Eating hobbies which I'm sure will be extra fun this year. (yeah right - about the 'not being stressed out.'). My goal for having all my Christmas presents done/bought is October 31. I know this is basically unattainable...back up date is November 30. We'll see......at least I have *ideas* for most people. Thank god. That is usually the hardest part.

And of course I have grand plans to sew up some cute baby room curtains, knit a lovely blanket for the wee one, get everything organized & ready to go, clean out the basement (hahahahaha!), paint the hallway, etc...we'll see how it goes. Right now I'm sort of tired just thinking about it.

Comments

Nanette said…
I'm actually feeling a bit of an organizational bug, too, but not because of a nesting instinct. I'm just frustrated by our clutter. :)

I'm sure you'll get everything done in time for your lil' one's arrival. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....