I hate it when that happens

I just found out from commenter Jonathan (thanks for stopping by!!) that the lead actor (Ulrich Muehe) in THE LIVES OF OTHERS passed away recently. Seriously - rent this film. It is amazing. And yes, the fact that is a directorial debut sort of blows my mind. I am saddened, however, that I will not get to see any new performances by Mr. Muehe.

About 10 years ago (maybe a few less...?) I started watching the BritCom series FATHER TED which I absolutely adored. I fell in love with the quirkiness of "Ted" and loved his antics and his inappropriate behavior and everything that went along with it. As I had finished devouring everything I could of his on DVD I learned that he had already passed away. I remember sitting at my desk at work and crying because I had been so affected by this man, and yet he was already gone.

It sucks when you get to appreciate things...and yet they're already past.

Comments

michelle said…
You're not alone - I cried when Jerry Orbach died. It's sad.

I plan on using that Netflix coupon you gave me tonight and getting that movie first thing!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....