Excitement in the Neighborhood

Last night both Steve & I were awakened by loud bangs at about 1:30 last night. I thought it was someone vandalizing Steve's truck in the alley - or possibly some really weird lightening sounds. But then we heard sirens - CLOSE sirens and they stopped....so I had to get up and investigate. Naturally.


From looking across the alley - we could see a garage was fully engulfed in flames! Egads. 4 firetrucks and numerous police vehicles were around. As were a large number of looky-loos - pretty amazing for that time of night...in the rain. It looked like possibly a transformer blew on the power line (or maybe got struck by lightening?) as there was a loose wire flapping & sparking everywhere (scary). We couldn't see too much but I put my mind to rest when I decided it was the powerline's fault and not garage arson.


It took me so long to fall back to sleep after that. Then I kept hearing more of those "bangs" (or small explosions, perhaps?) which was stressing me out as I could see them just going down the line and randomly snapping wires & burning down garages up & down our alley. My imagination tends to run wild when it's given a little room to go.

This morning I was going to drive by to see the destruction but the electric company & cable trucks were blocking the alley off - tending to the downed wires.

Comments

kmd said…
Yikes! Scary. Glad your garage didn't get zapped.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....