Craftapalooza

In an effort to actually, you know, HAVE FRIENDS, I often try inviting people over to do things, have dinner, or go out to do something (okay, not as much on that but some) now and then. 3 weeks ago I decided I would try to invite a large (for me - more than 10) group of women over to get crafty, chatty, have drinks & snacks and you know, socialize. I'm sorely feeling the need for female companionship these days and since I have no "regulars" within a 150 mile radius, what the heck! It also gives me an excuse to make & eat Tastefully Simple's Beer Bread and Bacon Bacon dip. And to make some cards or work on my scrapbook....

The menu - the aforementioned Beer Bread & Bacon Bacon dip, carrots, grapes, pretzels, mini quiches, pumpkin bars, wine, beer, juice, pop, etc. It's a "pot luck" so hopefully others will bring some tasty treats too.

The plan - bring your crafty-ness - whether you want to make cards or collages, work on a scrapbook, knit, crochet, sew, sketch, paint, whatever - My plan is to set up a couple tables so that we have room to work.

My hopes - that one or two people will show. I have terrible luck with hosting anything these days (well, for the past 10 years or so) so I'm not holding my breath and quite frankly I'm bracing myself for the 3 hours of hormonally infused crying fits that will follow as I try to go to bed tomorrow night. What happened to the Optimist?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would totally come if I lived near you. I am not crafty AT ALL but I am getting ready to paint some wooden letters that spell Bridget to hang on her wall. I could bring that and artichoke dip! Virtually, anyway.
michelle said…
What night is this? This weekend?? If so I'm willing to drive up - provided you'll have me of course! I'm in major need of girl/crafty/good eating time :)
carrster said…
ah - it's tomorrow night. Left out that detail I guess.
kmd said…
I wish I could come, too! For a second I considered making the drive, but then realized I'm not in ND anymore. It's a bit too long of a drive from FL. Sounds like a lot of fun though!
Meigan said…
Mmmm. bountiful beer bread! I have the new value pack sitting on my desk as we speak - I get my fix from a co-worker. Have FUN & enjoy & I think this party will be just what the dr. ordered!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....