Anniversary Weekend in Pictures

Steve & I had a lovely anniversary. On Saturday we met Michelle & Chris for pizza at the best pizza place in the world, Sammys. It was yummy as usual and I enjoyed it. I know it's not very FANCY but I didn't care! It's my favorite. Afterwards they came over and we had a cake that Michelle made. Yum!
Michelle & Chris met at our wedding (convenient match-making seating arrangement, dontcha think? hee hee!) and have been together ever since. It was fun to hang out & catch up. I was so excited to do something SOCIAL! Whohooo! I stayed up past MIDNIGHT that night which is unheard of these days. Therefore I slept later than I planned to on Sunday.

Sunday Steve & I headed up the North Shore to Lutsen for a day of fall colors. The day was gorgeous. In the upper 70's, not a cloud in the sky, beautiful blue sky with all sorts of gorgeous fall color. Not exactly like the craptacular weather we had a year ago! Ah well.

We took the gondola to the top of Moose Mountain at Lutsen and then hiked around the ridge top. There are beautiful views of the lake & inland and such gorgeous colors. I then hung out at the cafe up there while Steve hiked the 4+ miles down (I took the gondola back down). I'm frustrated by my current physical limitations (I would've LOVED to go on that hike) but I have to be mindful of them! I am exhausted, sore & my back aches like nobody's business today - and I think that's because of the little over a mile I hiked (on a rugged "difficult" trail - whoops!).

After we met up again at the bottom of the mountain we headed back down the shore. We ate a wonderful, romantic dinner at the Bluefin Grille (part of the Bluefin Bay resort) - I had chicken alfredo which is what we served at our wedding last year.

On the way back to Duluth we stopped by Grand Superior Lodge (where we got married) to "reminisce) (Steve's idea!). We walked through the lobby, ballroom area, the patio & then towards our "honeymoon cabin." It was so fun to relive all those memories.

It was truly a beautiful and wonderful day.





Comments

michelle said…
Beautiful Pictures!

(Chris and I forgot to get batteries for our camera while up there :()

I had a great weekend as well - it was wonderful spending time with you and Steve! I'll think we'll be up again soon - the weekend of the 6th. Well - on the 6th we're going to Bayfield (wanna come?) and then to Duluth that night and for Sunday. :)

Happy Anniversary!
kmd said…
What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary again!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....