Samantha

My friend Sam is 26 weeks pregnant (with her 3rd girl). She has been having problems with swelling fingers & numbness in her hands in the past few weeks and in the last couple days have felt as though someone is punching her in the stomach throughout the night.

She had a doctor's appointment this morning and an ultrasound....she called me with the update. She's in the hospital.

She has been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia (I looked it up, many spellings...) and it's fairly severe. The pain in her "stomach" was actually her liver swelling. She has been admitted to the hospital and they are injecting her with steroids fast and furious to help develop Baby S's lungs. More than likely Baby S will be delivered by C-section within the next 24 hours.

14 weeks early. Approx 2 lbs.

Please keep Samantha & her family in your thoughts and prayers. She's a strong woman and no doubt the little one she's carrying has the same fire & determination. A few extra warm fuzzies & good wishes & prayers never hurt anyone though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her family. Please update.
Cellomama said…
That's so scary. I will definitely keep my thoughts and prayers with Sam, her babes and the rest of her family.
michelle said…
My thoughts are definitely with them all!
Test said…
Sounds familiar. I will certainly keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....