Pisser

The other day - I got a $21 parking ticket for being at a meter "too long." Not being at an "expired" meter (as I am diligent in setting my cell phone alarm and plugging the damn thing. [pauses to set cell phone alarm] So on the ticket it says there had been 'complaints' that I had been at that meter too long? WTF? I have no where to park! Since my building that I work in is under major construction I have to park on the street and the meters are one-hour meters but I keep plugging them. Have been doing this for a month with no problem. I think because this particular meter was close to the front door (hallelujah!) the contractors (who are working here and hogging up the basement parking AND the close meters) got irritated and "complained" to Lovely Rita the Meter Maid. Anyway - whatever. I moved my car. I found a spot that had NO METER (score!) due to a hotel recently completed and parked there happily for two days without paying a cent.

Then I went to the bank to make a deposit. This was our Sweden money and some wedding cash going towards our new fence. I didn't think a thing of it - because I'm an idiot - and used the auto teller. DUH the sign says "no coin in carrier" - I'm thinking no loose coins in carrier. No, it means NO coins in carrier. And my $400+ coin deposit got STUCK in their pneumatic tube! I had to wait until the company that sucks the pneumatic tubes clean could come THE NEXT DAY! She told me not to worry as my deposit/cash was safe because no one could get it out of the tube. Ay yi yi. I am an idiot.

Back to the parking meters...so today I found a GLORIOUS TWO HOUR meter only a half a block from my office. And I was okay with that - being that I just bought a roll of quarters for such purpose from the bank. But the meter said, when I went up to pay it, that it was OUT OF ORDER and had FAILED. Great! What does that mean? Does that mean I'm going to get a ticket for parking at a broken meter? Or does it mean the parking gods have smiled upon me and I get to park free all day?!?!

I just don't know. This downtown life is getting to me! ha....

Comments

kmd said…
Love the title of this post. lol

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....