Happy Birthday to Me!

Saturday was my birthday. It was exactly the kind of day I was looking for...

Well, actually the whole weekend was nice. Friday night we went to "movies in the park" with our neighbors Dustin & Anna (hi Anna!). The show was THE WIZARD OF OZ which I haven't seen in a million years. It was very fun - and packed! The weather was great, I brought a much-needed chair this time and it was a lot of fun.

Saturday I slept in (til almost 9 - whohooo!). Steve walked to Johnson's (our local bakery) for some breakfast treats and then I spent a couple hours sewing while he ran some mysterious "errands." When he got home I had presents to open! He bought me a lovely new 2nd Sigg bottle (for extra water when I go to work, juice for lunch or whatever) and I LOVE it. He also bought me a fancy schmancy heavy duty bike lock for my bike (finally! yay!)
and a new backpack! Whohooo! It's like a normal "back-to-school" backpack but it's exactly what I needed. Something to take with me when we go hiking or canoeing or in the car or whatever. I had worn out my freebie Sierra Club backpack about a year ago and was making good progress at wearing out his! He actually bought me two backpacks - two different colors and the styles were a little different and I got to pick. :) I picked the one that was slightly bigger, had small outer pockets (I love pockets!) and is a girly lavendar color. It's great.

Following an afternoon nap we went for a canoe paddle.
It was a lovely, mostly still day with a great temp. We put the canoe in towards the end of Park Point and canoed around Minnesota Point to the other side on Lake Superior. It took us about 2 1/2 hours. It was mostly very relaxing (except going through the canal which was sort of stressful). We went slowly, enjoyed the peace & calm on the water (except for when huge cabin cruisers would rush past us) and thoroughly enjoyed being out on the water.





After our canoe ride we had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants TASTE OF SAIGON which is an awesome little family-run Vietnamese place. Best Asian in town, I think. Yum. We even had enough for dinner last night.

It was a lovely day - so nice to spend a birthday at home, just relaxing, with my honey doing some things I want to do. We didn't make it to the movie (we had planned on seeing STARDUST on Saturday night) but hopefully we'll get to it in the next week or so. We'll see...something always seems to come up!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy birthday to you! Sounds like a great day you had.
Meigan said…
Happy birthday, Carrie! What a great weekend you had!
kmd said…
Happy Birthday! I had it on my calendar that you were born on August 30 for some reason. Doh! Sounds like you had a marvelous day. What a sweet hubby you have!
Raesha D said…
Happy happy birthday!! Sounds like it was a really wonderful day.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....