Sunday

Relatively speaking, today is going better than the past few days have gone.

We again didn't get up as early as we were going to to go for a hike, but we did go for a hike w/Steve's Mom & her SO Roger. We hiked from Beck's Road in Duluth (waaaaaaay west) to the Magney-Snively Ski Area parking lot. 4.3 miles according to the map, 4.8 according to my pedometer. It was HOT and steep but we made it. I think I lost all the water weight I could've possibly had.

It took WAY longer than anticipated, however, and I was late in picking up Miss M to go see a play this afternoon. I called her Mom from the trail (yay! when technology works!) and she agreed to bring her up to UMD for me since I was running behind. I got there AFTER the show started (timewise) but Miss M wasn't there yet to I guess that worked out okay. We hurriedly bought tickets and were ushered into the heavenly cold a/c theater.

The show was A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF FROG AND TOAD (or w/Frog & Toad...something like that). A very cute & whimsical and very well done chidren's musical. We both greatly enjoyed it.

So aside from being stressed about time and so ungodly hot & sticky, things are okay.

But Steve's Dad's GF just called and apparently Roger (his Dad) fell on the porch steps this afternoon. *sigh* Right side (again). The neighbor and Trudy (his GF) had to help him up. So far he says he's "okay" but that's what he said the last time - when he broke his hip - til the next morning. Ay yi i - Steve is considerably upset & overwhelmed as all the "projects" around that house (which has seen better days) fall to his shoulders not to mention our house. :(

And Iko is doing worse. Skinnier by the day - skin and bones really. His eyes are glassy and he breahes shallowly and fast. I think it is only a matter of time and I am already sad. Mostly for Steve who will be completely heartbroken & devastated. It is a very sucky thing to watch a much loved pet wither away.

Comments

michelle said…
well...

to start i'm glad that sunday started out good. good hike. good play. you deserved that.

i'm sorry to hear about steve's dad. i hope it turns out he's alright.

as for iko - i can't read anything you write in regards to him without my eyes tearing up. losing my cat was one of the hardest things i've gone through so far. it just plain sucks. tell steve my thoughts are with you all. i'm very sorry.
Peder said…
That's really tough about Iko.
Test said…
I'm sorry to hear about steve's dad and iko. i'm with michelle on reading about iko - i run and hub tabby every time. please give yourself and steve a big hug from all of us at our house.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....