Guess Who's Going to Sweden??!?!?!?!?!

THAT'S RIGHT - ME!!!!!!!

My passport came today! My passport came today!!



I didn't want to write about it much because I was sure I would jinx it. I talked to the passport call center on Sunday and they were able to tell me that my passport was in "the beginning stages" of being processed (WTH?) When I called back on Tuesday morning they were able to tell me that it was in the middle of being processed (!) and that things were "looking good" for me to get it by the weekend.

Thanks to anonymous's suggestion, my MIL's suggestion and Sarah's second of said suggestion, I called my congressman. Jim Oberstar is head of the transportation committee and I am a constituent and I thought at the very least I would let them know what is going on and that people like me, are very frustrated.

The woman I spoke to yesterday was SUPER nice and understanding and helpful and told me she would call the processing center (not the call center! whooot!) and see what she could do. She also said they've had to do "a lot of these" in recent weeks.

She called me back within a 1/2 hour saying my passport was being processed and would be shipped via FedEx overnight that day! (yesterday).

This morning I sat in the porch for hours just waiting waiting waiting (okay, sometimes I was on the couch reading and/or snoozing). She mentioned it would arrive between 9 and noon. It was ten to noon and I was on the phone trying to get through to the passport call center (again)....when lo and behold the FedEx truck drove up! I was so excited I nearly tackled the poor driver. I think he's delivered a lot of these because when I said "I'm so excited to see you" he said "ah, passport?"

Within 72 hours we shall be on our way!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YEA!!!!! Good idea on the congressman front. I never would have thought of that. I guess that's what they get paid for, right?
michelle said…
WOOHOO!!!

I am SO happy that whole issue has been resolved! You and Steve defintely deserve a vacation - so it ENJOY IT!!! :)

And I promise that you'll have some fun mail waiting for you upon your return!

Relax. Breathe. Love. Have a FANTASTIC trip!!
African Kelli said…
So great!! What will you do there? I am behind in reading...
Sarita said…
gratulerar!

I'm so glad it worked! Have a great time!
Test said…
YAHOO! We will miss you on Saturday but I am ever so glad you won't be there b/c that means you are on your way to Sweden :)
Woohoo! That's awesome! Have a great time in Sweden!
carrster said…
Yay! I'm so excited. Whew.

Tami - I immediately made a couple of color copies of both Steve & I's passports just in case.

Holly - I am sad to miss out on your shower & meeting Miss Claire!

And I can REALLY use a vacation about now. :)
Raesha D said…
HOW exciting!!! I am so glad that it came....talk about cutting it down to the wire!! Excellent suggestion to call your congressman....have an awesome trip!!!
Anonymous said…
The passport people are really busy now with the new rules - the office in DC is hiring 80 people for a year just to get through it all. Glad you got your passport and enjoy your trip to Sweden. I've been to Stockholm and it's a beautiful city.

Becky
http://westerlywhimsies.wordpress.com
kmd said…
Hooray! Have a wonderful trip!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....