The Computer: An Update

Yesterday I drove the sick computer (steve's Dell) to Apple Valley (160 or so miles south) to have my cousin's boyfriend take a look at it and see if he could save me $300+ and fix it. We sat from about 6:15pm til it finished up at 12:45am!!! Paul tried several things initially that just didn't work due to all the viruses & spyware that had infected that machine. Ultimately he had to remove the harddrive, install it as a slave on his computer, remove all of our files to his computer, put the harddrive back into our computer and reinstall the operating system. Now it works like a charm! We *hopefully* didn't lose any files or photos and now our system is really running a lot better & faster...and the desktop is so clean! Whohooo! Paul also installed a virus program that is *top notch* and will continually run in the background as well as some adware software to catch nasty buggers before the get us to the point of no return...again.

I also got to visit my adorable neice & nephews. Josh is so patient and just damn lovable - he will not squawk (too much) or fuss so the other two can be fed first. He patiently sits in his boppy and looks around. Hannah screams BLOODY MURDER if she wakes up hungry or if she spits up milk through her nose. I think that little one is going to have a temper on her. But she is cute and sleeps like a CHAMP. This morning she was laying so peacefully in her crib with her arms spread wide above her head. George is still a little peanut and a very slow eater, but he's gaining weight and hopefully will catch up to his big brother & sister very soon. He is still like holding a doll. He has the least hair and an "old man" face which I want to squish (in a good way).

All of their cheeks are really filling out and Hannah & Josh are getting more and more hair every time I see them. That was an excellent perk of taking my computer to Apple Valley. Now if only I could get my passport for our trip...which is *supposed* to be a week from tomorrow. I'm so depressed about that I can't go on....more later...

Comments

michelle said…
Glad you got the computer taken care of (cheaply!) AND that you got to see the babies :) Pretty soon you'll have Chick Pea to take along with you for playdates :)
Test said…
It's times like those when I appreciate Pete turning me into a mac user.

Glad you got to see the cuties and to hear they are packing on those ounces. They will be huge in no time!
carrster said…
The computer is *running* but adware continues to pop up and driving me up a tree (even after "cleaning" with Spybot AND Adaware.). This is why I am never EVER giving up my Mac.
kmd said…
That's great that you live pretty close to your little niece and nephews!

And I must say Macs rule!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....