Amidst the Sorrow...

there's joy.

On Monday morning Steve & I went to our second OB appointment. After all the usual checks (peeing in a cup, blood pressure, weight, etc) we got to hear the Chick Pea's heartbeat on the doppler. At first it took her a while to find it and was making such faces of consternation while looking for it that it started to freak both Steve & I out but then she found and and it was very cool. I must admit, it's a little freaky though to think that there is a being that is growing inside of me and has it's own heartbeat!!!

Everything is on track and before you know it, Chick Pea will be here!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Isn't it the most beautiful sound in the world? I cried each and every time we had an appointment and I got to hear it.

I'm so happy for you both!
Test said…
doesn't it just make you sit in awe. it is such a great sound - oohhh, i can't wait for chick pea to get here!
Peder said…
That's when it was real for me, when we first heard the heartbeat. Very exciting.
African Kelli said…
yee haw! :) so glad to hear about this happiness after an otherwise hard week.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....