Whoops!

Ah the clumsiness associated with pregnancy has begun...

Well it began a while ago.

After a weekend shoot I was unloading our craft services supplies (food, paper plates, beverages, etc) and was dealing with two rather full crockpots of creamy wild rice soup which didn't get eaten (grrrr). I had them both on my counter and planned on just dumping them out because really? What was I going to do with 30 servings of wild rice soup that the smell of made me a little queasy? As I picked up one crock pot, I caught the 2nd one with the cord or my hand or something and I ended up dropping the entire thing on the floor of my kitchen. Luckily MOST of the soup stayed confined to the crockpot (well, and the floor) but I did get quite a bit of auxiliary splatter on my baseboards, cupboards, nooks & crannies underneath cupboards, oven door, dripping into the over drawer etc. Boy that was fun.

Next last week I was dishing up some pork chops & potatoes that I had made for dinner and promptly dumped my entire serving splat on the kitchen table about 5 inches from my plate. Lovely. Steve just looked at me like "what is your problem?"

And last night again while serving myself food I completely missing my plate and ended up with my serving of rice more in the center of the table than any where near the plate. Yes, I ate it anyway.

This makes me a tad nervous when I am lugging gear that costs thousands of dollars. Perhaps I should invest in bungy cords and just strap everything directly to me. *sigh*

Comments

Peder said…
Don't worry, it gets better. In a year or so you can blame any clumsiness on Chick Pea.
kmd said…
Hee,hee!
Test said…
Peder's right. Once you start adjusting to the hormones and the way your body grows. Your worries about lugging equipment will abate soon since you WON'T be lugging equipment in a couple of months (listen to me - I did it with my lighting equipment, wtf??).

Just wait until you start forgetting words. Never thought it would happen, but alas :)

I'm so excited for you!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....