Thoughts on a Friday

YAY! It's Friday. Those are my thoughts.

It's been a very hectic week. Trying to coordinate multiple band schedules, trying to get lots of extras committed for our shooting dates, trying to run a business, trying to not freak out and lose my head, finishing editing a wedding video for a friend, ordering t-shirts for production, finding props, signing contracts, spending more money than I have, etc etc. I'm tired.

I just went to Maple, Wisconsin. It is a small town (very!) about 25 miles east of Duluth in North Western Wisconsin. I sent out letters to the area high schools last week with information about our shoot & our need for extras. Erin, our assistant director and Jason's gf, called the schools this week and set up this meeting with me for these kids - all speech/drama students. They were really excited and I got a bunch of names/emails so hopefully some of them will show up. I'm waiting now to hear back. It's a big time committment for high schoolers coming from a ways away (not really but....) so hopefully some of them will be able to do it. They were really enthusiastic and would be great in our crowd.

New website is coming soon. We've been going back and forth on colors, and Jason doesn't like the design, and then he does and then he doesn't (like with everything in life) and it's exhausting. I'm about to fall down in utter exhaustion - and we haven't even STARTED production yet.

Tomorrow Sarah & Freya arrive for our annual "girl's weekend" - where we go for a hike, drink margaritas while sitting around my kitchen table eating pounds of cheese & triscuits, eat pizza, watch a movie and that's about it. We usually do this in June but since Freya's pregnant and due in June and I'm in production we bumped it up this year. I'm really looking forward to their visit and a break from this hectic schedule.

Comments

K said…
Hooray for girls' weekends! Sounds like that might be just what you needed! Hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with laughter and good friends! :)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....