Sweden!

Steve & I FINALLY booked our trip to SWEDEN today! I'm so excited. We were originally going to go over the summer solstice, but then pushed it back to the end of Sept (our anniversary) but then moved it up to the beginning of Sept because I'm going to be in production at the end of Sept but then finally decided on JULY because the weather will be better, the days will be longer and I won't miss out on pre-production. Too bad the tickets were more expensive. Pooey.


We're going to be staying with Steve's 2nd cousin (possible first-cousin-once-removed - I have to consult 'the tree') and his wife in Stockholm (they came to our wedding last fall) and they've also said they want to take us around the country which is great seeing that we don't speak Swedish (yet!). We will be *hopefully* taking a train to the arctic circle, hiking our butts off in beautiful (although much like MN I'm sure) scenery, taking in a pint and some art & culture in Stockholm and trying to avoid the aquavit (don't know how to spell it, don't care to drink it - anise liquer.).

i can't wait! We depart July 21 - time to update my passport (mine has my old name) and start thinking backpack vs. rolly-bag....hmmmm.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it.
kmd said…
Wow, that does sound exciting! You lucky kids!
K said…
Amazing!!!! I'm so happy for you. That sounds like an fantastic trip. Charge those camera batteries! ;)
michelle said…
i am so incredibly jealous! i've been watching too much travel channel and have the itch to go..well..everywhere!

can't wait to see all your pictures!
Peder said…
That sounds like a great trip.
Test said…
Lucky girl - I'm so jealous :)
African Kelli said…
WOO HOO!! Three cheers for international travel. That is great Carrie!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....