So, so so so so so busy

Sometimes your life takes a 180. For instance, I used to sit for hours staring off into space, counting the minutes and seconds (ugh!) until I could flee my office and get home.

Now I barely have time to think, breathe, eat, go to the bathroom etc etc. It's good but it's so very different.

Thursday I only worked for a bit - I was mostly running around answering emails & phone calls and trying to get video to download properly and also getting packed up for the weekend.

Thursday I drove to Apple Valley to visit my sister & her husband. I made them dinner, I did some chores for Kathy (she's in her 5th week of bedrest!!) and we chatted. I was glad I could be of some help to them.

Friday we got up early as Kathy had a(nother) 3-hour glucose test. Before I took her to the hospital I made dinner for them and Jay's parents (crock pot - gotta love it!) and tidied up the kitchen. Then off to the hospital for the next 4 hours. Again I was glad I could be there to hang out and keep her company as I assume it's really boring to just sit there if you're alone. She played some solitaire on her phone, I knitted and we chatted.

Friday afternoon I headed to Austin to help my Mom with a baby shower (so many babies!) for my cousin Lindsay. I helped her decorated, wrapped the prizes, made some food etc.

Saturday morning we ran errands including picking up balloons & flowers for the shower. The shower was a brunch and it went over very well. Lindsay had a great time - she looks amazing! She got a lot of very useful baby stuff - and quite a wide variety to boot. I ate way too much. What else is new?

That afternoon my folks & I took a walk, went to George's for pizza and played a few games of "5 Straight" (in which I kicked butt!).

Sunday we picked my Grandma up for church, went to church, then out for breakfast/brunch for Mother's Day. Then it was back to my sister's to drop off a Mother's Day gift from my parents to her, pick up my rice cooker & ingredients from Friday and THEN hit the road back to Duluth.

Back in Duluth I unloaded my stuff, changed and we went to Steve's Mom's house for Mother's Day dinner. Steve's brother cooked up a pork roast w/garlic, onions, bacon, etc. It was quite yummy. We didn't get home til almost 10 - I was pooped!

And today back at the office -furiously trying to get ready for production (which is of course, why I'm blogging). Jason & his girlfriend Erin took a trip to Ikea on Saturday and picked up our new office couch, some great artwork and a coffee table. I'm very happy with the results. It looks amazing.

That was my busy weekend. How was yours?

Comments

Test said…
I've been thinking of Kathy a lot lately. I hope she is doing OK, managing bed rest boredom and feeling strong.
Peder said…
Oh I miss George's and Steve's!
K said…
Wow! I was wondering where you had wandered off to.... ;) Just as you were wondering about me a while back! It's good to hear you're busy (and nice that you have the flexibility to hang with your sister during the work week).
kmd said…
Busy you are! Git 'er done! Hey, did you get your artwork from Ikea?
Meigan said…
Mmmmm - I could go for an Angie's Special right now!
Deb said…
Remember to breathe!!
Test said…
No fair (Meigan) - an Angie's Special sounds perfect to this pregnant lady. Man I could go for a Steve's Pizza.
carrster said…
I have to admit, I'm a "Sammy's" girl now - George's is good (don't get me wrong) but Sammy's is just DROOLWORTHy. I highly recommend it if you're ever in Duluth, Hibbing, etc etc.....
Molly said…
Deep breaths! What a full weekend. My own weekend was relatively peaceful, which is generally how I like them.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....