Weekend Update

Another weekend's come and gone. Why oh why must they do that so quickly?

Friday I took the day "off" so I could stay home and clean prior to my parents arrival on Saturday. I cleaned all day on Friday and it felt really good. I love having a tidy & clean house! I even line dried our sheets which is oh so heavenly. Friday night we went to Steve's brother's apt for fondue with a couple other people. The menu was chicken, beef, green beans & broccoli. Um, it wasn't that "varied" of a menu but it was okay. I went home after that while Steve went to a "Guitar Hero" party.

Saturday we finished up the last of our cleaning (scrubbed the kitchen floor, vacuumed stairs) and then my parents arrived. We showed off our "new" floors (my Mom hadn't been up since the wedding so hadn't seen our new floors in person), our new dining set & buffet, new chandelier & new bathroom floor. And our wedding album. It was fun to have them over and be able to show them things! We took them on a "hike" next - the weather was perfect - it was actually HOT! (upper 70's is hot in Duluth). We went on the Western Waterfront Trail which is a crushed limestone path that is fairly level along the St. Louis River/Bay. I think they enjoyed it. We saw a few ducks & geese (and ducklings & goslings - cute!) and one deer. Usually we see TONS of water fowl on this hike. Probably too early yet.

We stopped at a furniture store to check out couches on our way back to our place. We decided to get a couch as a wedding gift from them instead of an armoire for our TV. We found one we really liked and are very tempted to just BUY IT but then think we should shop around a bit more. We'll see. It's a local store & it's in our neighborhood. We like shopping there instead of "over the hill" in mall-sprawl-big-box land. So...it's tempting. The couch is microfiber and fits us shorties so it's ver appealing. (takes 4 weeks to get......).

Then it was HAPPY HOUR! I made margaritas and we sat in the backyard in the GLORIOUS sunshine sipping margaritas, eating dip and chatting. It was very nice. Later they went to check into their hotel and we biked down to meet them. We ate dinner at Fitger's Brewhouse - after I showed off my new office - and ended the evening looking at the lake from the deck at their hotel.

Yesterday morning we met them for brunch and then they hit the road. It was a very nice visit.

Yesterday afternoon - temps in the 80's! - Steve & I drove up to Knife River (about 15 miles north of Duluth) and we went for a lovely 3+ hour hike. It was really beautiful and dang did it feel like summer. If we had had our camping gear I think we would've just stayed. (more details on the hike coming soon). We got home late (stopped to visit his Dad, stopped to buy a few groceries) and we grilled out. I was pooped though and went to bed early (around 10ish).

This morning it is gray, upper 40's and a more typical Duluth spring day. We need the rain, so hopefully, it'll rain, but DANG was it nice to have summer, at least for one weekend!

Comments

Peder said…
Sounds very nice.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....