Happy Easter!

Ah the cheesecake! That's what Easter's about, right?

I started off here with the MARTHA STEWART BAKING HANDBOOK - New York Cheesecake:


It called for 7 8 oz packages of cream cheese. I thought that was a lot. What I didn't realize was it was a recipe for a 10" pan which as cheesecakes go is quite large. I believe my pan is only 8" doh. So much for reading ahead.


After reading more of the recipe and starting to feel a time crunch as I had to be to Steve's Dad's by a certain time....I started researching other cheesecake recipes in my cookbooks and online. I decided to forgo the "water bath" and bake it the normal way. I did learn though that you can let your cheesecake cool from 3-5 hours IN THE OVEN which apparently prevents cracking.


Hmmmm, the top popped up (I used SO MUCH FILLING - and sadly still dumped a ton down the drain. Pooey for wasting good cheesecake filling! the top got quite brown - unfortunately. Hmmmm.....


After freaking out a bit yesterday to Steve ("...yeah, it's FINE when it's not YOUR mother-in-law who we're taking dessert to! I'm a failure!") - he suggested we cut the top off and sprinkle it with crushed graham crackers. He said "we're sprinkling love on top."


The result was a deliciously rich and creamy cheesecake. From the homemade chocolate crust to the fresh sliced strawberries on top, it was a success!


In fact, my mother-in-law's words were "This is the best cheesecake I've ever eaten."

Whew! I guess I am still in the family!

Comments

Anonymous said…
holy cow! that looks awsome!!! (and slightly fattening), but yes, that IS what the holidays are all about. glad it was a good one for you!
Anonymous said…
Y to the UMMY!
Test said…
Martha Stewart step aside. There is a new kitchen goddess on the prowl! Looks delish!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....