Weekend Update

I am finding less and less time during the day to do things I enjoy like posting on this blog and reading my favorite blogs. I'm used to having many hours in the day when I am literally bored to tears. Since I started working for myself....that is a different story. Hopefully once I figure out my "flow" I will have more time to resume these activities. :)

The weekend was good!

Friday started off with a Happy Hour with the gang that I used to work with. My last day (and therefore my "farewell Happy Hour" was snowed out a couple weeks ago so it was rescheduled to coincide with a couple of other people whose last day was Friday (hi Michelle!). I met up with the gang at about 5 and much beer was consumed. Some by me, lots by others. It was fun to see everyone and take lots of pictures and "catch up" even though it had only been 2 weeks! After the Old Chicago stop (not my favorite for happy hour, btw) we headed over to the Saratoga for more cocktails. This is a strip club and has been in existence since....oh I dont' know, many many decades. This work gang ALWAYS ends up here after a good party. Steve & I went in for a beer - our first trip to such an establishment together. It's a very cool bar, actually, but it's very smoky and there's the almost naked dancing girls thing. Mostly that is just sad to me (here especially when they have to lean over the railing on the stage and put money in the juke box for themselves!! While dancing!) but tht is a story for another day. After one beer I was good to go home and get out of the smoke. Blech.

Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning. This was good as I had been gone and it hadn't gotten done in a while and I was starting to feel antsy about it. Steve pitched in too and we got quite a bit done. I also found some time that afternoon to read my book and to do a bit of knitting (those babies will be here before you know it!).

Saturday evening Steve & I went to visit his Dad at the rehab place (for his hip surgery). We met his girlfriend and his dog in the lobby and put a nice big shamrock on Mindy (his dog not his girlfriend). We all were wearing green and his girlfriend had a huge funny hat on that said "got beer." He got a kick out of us all coming to visit. We even brought him some Guinness to celebrate the day.

After that visit we went up to a St. Patrick's Day party where there was so much incredible food. Corned beef & cabbage, potatoes, carrots, cheeses, crackers, breads, soda breads, green jello (!), cupcakes & fudge. And beer. Lots of beer. It was a good crowd (as usual at this house) and a lot of fun.

Sunday Steve & I spent the entire afternoon cutting & installing quarter round in our living room & dining room. We're rather slow at getting projects done so it felt good to get this one *mostly* accomplished. Steve measured and cut while I drilled & nailed. We made a good team! Now we have to fill the nail holes and paint the trim. We still have to install quarter round in the upstairs bedroom where we re-did the floors (aka: my craft room).

We decided that after working so hard all day we should go have vietnamese food. So we did. We even ordered enough for leftovers tonight! We stopped by and visited his Dad again and then came home and watched LADY IN THE WATER. I thought it was *okay.* Some of my friends hav LOVE LOVE LOVED IT and most have hated it but I thought it fell in the middle. I thought it was interesting but there are a lot of unanswered questions. M. Night comes across as rather annoying (especially when he casts himself as "the vessel" gag) but he does make some really beautiful pictures. His visuals are usually quite lovely to look at.

So, there you have it. I just got back from a long day's work (so busy!!), grocery shopping, baby shower supplies shopping, eating dinner and a nice long walk (uphill for a good portion - whew) and now I'm going to start filling those nail holes. Later my plans include knitting & watching a little Super Nanny. Tomorrow I get back up and start all over again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....