Three Peas in a Pod

Well, the oodles of cuteness, limey green punch and 3 anxiety dreams later the shower has come and gone. Whew.

The theme was "Three Peas in a Pod" as Kathy is having triplets. Unfortunately, other than ridiculously cute invitations, I couldn't find much "pea pod" stuff that wasn't stupid or weird lookiing (especially for trips). So my cousins & I opted to go with a springy yellow/green theme which sort of serves the pea pod theme as well as the springy-ness of this time of year. And since we don't know the sex of the babies, it works with that too.

We had the shower at Kathy's house as we weren't sure if she'd be on bedrest or not and I didn't want to risk it. It was rather odd hosting something at someone else's house because I didn't know what exactly I had to work with! I came down on Friday morning to take care of the baking and finding out where a few things were. On Saturday morning Kathy & Jay left for a couple hours to run errands so we could set up.

We had fresh flowers and yellow & green balloon bouquets. We had a lime sherbet punch, mini cheesecakes & minty brownies (new recipes! 4 stars!). There were also sausage puffs, veggies & fruit and pasta salad. Everyone seemed to have a great time. We had an excellent turnout (22 of 27!) - it was a crowded house!

We played a Mother Goose/Triplets themed trivia game which I made up (eeek), baby pictionary and baby songs (list as many songs as you can with 'baby' in the title). Kathy loves games so I wanted to make sure to have several.

She opened lots of gifts and we ate lots of food. All in all it was a good day. There were a few snags but I tried to let them slide off my shoulders. I tend to be a control freak and it's hard for me to hand over responsibilities (especially when then those tasks are 'forgotten.' hmph).
My cousin Lindsay and Kathy - both Mommies-to-Be!

Kathy seemed to love the shower and I'm so glad. I really wanted to make this day very special for her!

After the guests left we went through all the gifts and organized a few things, I cleaned up and put away the dishes, chairs, etc and later I taught her how to knit.

Oh and we pulled out the breast pump to see if it works (a double!) eeeek. It might sound weird but I'm really glad that Kathy's opening up about more "girly" things with me through the course of this pregnancy. I feel like we're closer than ever and I cannot WAIT to hold those little babies in my arms!

Comments

African Kelli said…
You did such a nice job Carrie! That table looks fantastic.
And wow. Three babies at once. What a blessing!!
Test said…
Looks wonderful! I hope Kathy is feeling well and not too tired (yet). I didn't know Lindsey was preggers too! Send her my congrats!
K said…
Gorgeous! I love those colors and the table with the sunlight and everything is just amazing! :) Nice work. I'm so glad that Kathy enjoyed herself and that her pregnancy is helping your relationship - Bonus! Your sister looks great. I can't wait until you have pictures of you holding those babies! ;)
michelle said…
Wow! It looks like everything turned out beautifully! :) I can't wait to see pictures of you with all of those babies either!

And I'm happy you're getting closer to your sister - it must be wonderful! :)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....