Snowshoeing on Tischer Creek








All pictures by Steve

First we hiked on the creek from Superior Street down to the lake. The building you see is Glensheen Mansion - now owned by UMD (University of MN Duluth) - but previously the home of the Congdons. In fact....a scandalous murder happened here.... Also the film You'll Like My Mother was shot here. It's a beautiful mansion which I love to tour because I'm a geek like that. Anyway - this creek goes next to the Glensheen property so you get a unique perspective otherwise not available during the summer months. We went down to the lake (Superior, that is) and out a ways. I was a little gunshy though as the cracking noises are disconcerting.

Then we hiked upwards - it was gorgeous. We chould've been 75 miles up the north shore! And then! the pine forest!! Incredible. It was a beautiful hike and I hope to explore more of that forest in the summertime.

Blizzards are definitely good for something!!

Comments

Sarita said…
As many times as I've been to Duluth, I've never been to Glensheen. My mom worked with Marjorie (Elizabeth's adopted daughter) for a time, here in the cities. I keep meaning to read the book.
African Kelli said…
Wow, so pretty! Love it. I think I'd really enjoy snowshoeing.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....