Warm My Heart, Please

Today is the coldest Valentine's Day since 1974!

We are on our 18th day of below normal temperatures.

We still have no snow to play in!! (i'm so jealous of the snow storm out east!)

This morning before I got up I realized I was freezing! How could this be? 6am is the time when I feel warm and snuggly and all cozy in my bed. I was even weaing a t-shirt & flannel pants and I was just cold! I went into the bathroom and knew something was up. Usually the furnace kicks on around 6:30 - about the time I should be getting up - so then at least it's warm by time I get to the bathroom....but no. It was cold. My shower was cold because I could feel coldness nipping at my toes underneath the shower curtain. Steve go up and asked me why it was so cold! I told him to check the thermostat - when he came back up he said it was 47 degrees in our house! Well, according to the thermostat. The thermometer we have in the kitchen read a balmy 37 degrees. No wonder i was cold!

This confirms my no interest in winter camping.

We think the thermostat is just needing a new battery. Hopefully that's the case. The furnace is on now. Thankfully.

Oh and I'm ready for that "warm up" they keep teasing us with! Sheeesh!

Comments

Peder said…
I'm ready for it too.
Test said…
Amen. Kim was telling me earlier this week that her car hasn't started for about a week b/c it is so cold in Grand Forks. Yuck.
Anonymous said…
It's supposed to get up to 21 degrees today! I probably won't even need a coat. Ha, ha! You know you live in the tundra when 21 degrees sounds warm. Maybe my car will actually start today! At least we have snow here. And lots of big ice chunks.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....