Cat, Bag......it's out!

Okay...so....the big news.

I gave my notice at my job today! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! COMMENCE THE FREAKING OUT NOW.

That's right, I'm going solo. Jason & I have formed a new company, 4 Track Films, LLC and we're going to produce micro-budget HD films FULL TIME! We were finally in the right place at the right time and hit the jackpot. We are starting a movie studio from the ground up. We are excited and scared and my brain has been buzzing since yesterday afternoon. We have office space. We have a whole lot of new HD gear and are getting a new computer for editing. We have paint chips for the colors we want to paint. I have an office with windows and I'm going to paint it yellow. We have a conference room, an editing suite and a "reception/loungy" area. I have to figure out things like payroll, health insurance and accounting but hey! I like a challenge.

So, that's what I've been working on for the past 4 months. It's coming together. I go full time March 5th. I am my own boss.

I think I'm going to pass out!!!

Comments

Test said…
I am so very proud of you for making this leap! You will be the best boss anyone could have - let me know if you ever need anything. Whoo-hoo!!! Follow that dream!
Peder said…
That's great news!
Anonymous said…
Wonderful news! I am so excited for you - doing what you love.
African Kelli said…
h.oooo.leeeeee COW! That is so, so exciting Carrie! Many congrats. You are reaching for the stars. Fabulous!
K said…
WOWZERS!!! I knew you said something big was coming.....but I had NO idea how big!! Congratulations!!!!!! That is truly amazing!!! I am so impressed!!! You go girl......you're on your way! :)
Anonymous said…
I totally believe that people should follow their hearts and take risks to make their passion their source of income. More people should do it.

I wish you the very best. Taking risks is not as bad as a lot of people make out. Fear of change is something which steals happiness from many people.

Way to go Carrster. Remember, there's always a way to fall back if everything goes wrong (which it won't).
Anonymous said…
YEAH! You go girl! That's so amazing!
Raesha D said…
Holy crap Carrie! I am so excited and thrilled for you...I have tears in my eyes. You so deserve this!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....