3 Fabulous Years

3 years ago today I met Steve for the first time.

We "met" online through Yahoo or Match or a combination of the two. We emailed for a couple of weeks. We talked on the phone once. He asked me out.

We met at a little cafe/bar for drinks. The place was "Nutty Megs" and was only in existence for about 6 months or so. Too bad too because it was cute, cozy, served sandwiches & soups in the day and beer and wine at night - usually with some local art on the walls and an acoustic music group playing in the corner.

I got there first and was waiting in the lobby of the office building where Nutty Megs was located. Every time the door opened I would look to see who it was. If it was this "Steve" that I was meeting who I only knew through his profile pictures. I was anxious and excited although not overly optimistic. I had done this before and my "date" had seemed more like a job interview than a romantic interlude.

And then he walked in. I knew instantly it was him. He was looking around for me too. So cute. Smiling. He had an air of real calm about him and that was very comforting to me.

We sat in the coffee shop from 9 til they closed at midnight. Just talking, listening to the music and drinking our beers. When it closed we went next door to Pizza Luce where there's a bar and continued talking til they closed at 2.

It was a bit snowy as we left...he to his truck, me to my car across the street. We both agreed that we had a really nice time. He asked if maybe I wanted to go skiing on Sunday. I did. We hugged and that was that. That was the beginning of the most wonderful relationship I have ever had.

So, Happy Anniversary, honey! I love you more and more every day. I am honored to be your wife, your partner, your Sweet Peanut.

Comments

African Kelli said…
Killing me with the sweetness. I just love this!
Test said…
Thanks for bringing some warmth into this cold morning :) I can't tell you how happy I am that you two found each other - it's wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....