2007 Goals

I tend to make a big list of goals instead of "resolutions" each new year. They sort of give me a direction, a "to-do" list, some guidelines. Last year I did okay in some areas and horrifically in others. This year I'm including less but trying to make them more do-able and more meaningful.

Health/Body
1. Ski/Hike a couple times a week, or at least go for a walk outside.
2. Sit ups/arm weights
3. Stop eating so much.
4. More water!!
5. More salads, less chips.
6. Ride my new bike more.

Travel/Adventure
1. Lots of camping!
2. Visit a trail you’ve never been on before at least once every other month.
3. Keep writing in hiking journal/add digital pictures
4. Go to Sweden

Arts/Crafts
1. Knit lots of baby blankets
2. Make more gifts instead of buying.
3. Finish a project in a timely fashion once you’ve started.
4. Make lots and lots of greeting cards

Money
1. Save More
2. Stick to budget.
3. Keep putting money into savings every week.

Social/Activities
1. Be more timely about sending out birthday, anniversary, etc cards to friends far & near.
2. Go to more plays.
3. Join a couple “groups” (ie: knitting group, crafting, etc)
4. See more movies in the theatre.
5. Go to the MN Science Museum in St. Paul

Household
1. Clean out front closet/organize/build shelves
2. Organize basement. Put up plastic shelves, get rid of things you DON’T
WANT/NEED, take GIANT load to Good Will.
3. File the “to-be-filed” section of filing cabinet. Shred unwanted documents.
4. Get all tax information compiled and ready to go.
5. Clean bedroom closet, craft closet, organize craft supplies/craft room
6. Plant wildflowers & trees and a vegetable garden

Personal
1. Read 25 books.
2. Take time to reflect, meditate, focus and dream.
3. Play the piano, learn how to play guitar.
4. Be outside more, especially with Steve.
5. Be more thoughtful.

Coupledom
1. Hold hands as much as possible.
2. Keep spending more time together and doing different fun things.
3. Be healthier to ensure a long & fulfilled life.
4. Have a baby (maybe?)

Comments

African Kelli said…
I will gladly send you some books. I went to a sale yesterday at our library and bought a bunch of new fiction for $.50 a piece! We should trade. I'm going to try to read more and be on the Internet less.
Jessica said…
Ha Ha! you're right! good luck with your 2007 goals, I hope we can both do everything we want to.
I love the title of your blog too~

happy 2007!
Anonymous said…
Those are some good goals! I'm proud of you.
Raesha D said…
Excellent goals:): )I was very exited to see your final goal...maybe a baby???? That is awesome: )

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....