The End of Another Weekend

I don't know how or why these have to go so quickly. There is never enough time to get as many things done as you'd like. *sigh*

The dinner party last night was a lot of fun. We ate, we drank, we played "Apples to Apples." Fun was had by all. The cheesecake & other foods went over very well and there're plenty of leftovers!


Today we got up and started tackling all the dishes. Ay yi yi. That was a big project.

This afternoon my friend Freya & her family stopped by for a visit as they were on their way through town heading back towards "the cities." It was so nice to see them. I hadn't seen her children since they were wee babies so this was great.

More dishes, boiling a turkey carcass into fabulous turkey stock for future soups, a trip to the city's food composting site (ooh! Fun!), a hike in Chester Park with my husband and dinner at my mother-in-laws house.

Now I'm home and just poured 18 cups of turkey stock into bags for freezing and I am ready to be DONE with the turkey already!!!

Perhaps we'll watch more of the movie we started on Friday night, perhaps we'll just go to bed....we shall see....

Tomorrow's just another Monday. *sigh*

Comments

Anonymous said…
Although I'm not participating in NaBloPoMo (I just started blogging), I know I should delurk to comment on blogs I read -- to let them know I'm reading! So, your cheesecake looks divine (I can't wait to try), and I wish I could slow down the weekend too! Sounds like you packed a lot in though! :)
carrster said…
The cheese cake is (IMHO) very delish and not for those dieting!!! 24 oz of cream cheese! How could it not be dreamy?

Thanks for stopping by, Katy! Nice to have you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....