Rings of Gold

I'm getting a littled "wedding-y" around here lately but you know, that is what happens when you're getting married in 53 days! eeek!

Last night after work Steve & I went and picked out our wedding bands. Something that I had been wanting to do but we didn't know if we would have time this week. Lo and behold, we did. We went to the same jeweler that made my engagement ring. He is a very cool guy. Has his own little shop downtown and makes all of the jewelry right there. He & his wife travel to Antwerp every spring to pick new diamonds. What a cool job, huh? Steve chose him because he's a local artisan, just one guy not some big company with stockholders and shares and corporate hoo-ha and that just made sense for us. The full spectrum lighting in that place KICKS ASS and wow did my diamond sparkle. (that made me quite giddy, I will admit). He cleaned my ring when I was there and then I got even MORE giddy. I'm such a dork.

Anyway, we met with him, he showed us some bands, we chose & put down a deposit. The whole thing took less than 30 minutes. I chose a 2mm white gold band that is the same thickness/style as my engagement ring. Plain, shiny; delicate and dainty. I tried one on that had diamonds all around it but it was just too much for me (and my dinky hands). Steve chose a 6mm white gold complimentary band that will have a brushed finish (not shiny). We plan on getting them engraved...not sure with what yet but we have a few ideas. We can pick them up in the beginning of September!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yea! So exciting!!!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....