I Actually Ate A Sandwich Without Cheese

To some of you that is probably a "big deal." But to me it's HUGE. You see, I love cheese. I love love love it...which is good coming from the heartland and all. However I am also on the quest for the "wedding-dress-body" so I'm *trying* to be good. Cheese is one of my downfalls. Big one. I could snack on it for days. But today, I decided to NOT have cheese. I am doing the whole 10-pounds-in-10-weeks thing and boy-howdy let me tell you how that's NOT working. So, in order to "be good" I decided to forgo the usual cheddar, mozzarella and/or colby and instead just have ham, lettuce and cherry tomatoes wrapped in a soft tortilla. It was delish! Heavenly even! It could be that the cherry tomatoes are just divine right now but I was happily not even missing my cheese which for me is a fantastic accomplishment. The next step - chips! boy to I love chips. I would say my love for chips equals my love for cheese! Put 'em in front of me and I will eat them. I try to eat the baked kind always but I can eat about 3 times the amount of regular ones so....sort of defeats the purpose. I try not to buy them. So, today with my cheese-less sandwich I had half (Half! Seriously!) a serving (half an ounce!!) of white-cheddar soy-crisps. That satisfied my crunchy-sort-of-cheesy need and is infinitely healthier than those darn chips.

Now, off to drink another 32 oz of water and plan on doing my workout dvd tonight becuase it's FINALLY not godforsaken hot in my house. Then I'm off to buy a new party dress for my first shower this weekend. Wheeeee!

Hopefully I will make some "scale-progress" as well....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my, I could never give up cheese. You are one strong woman!
carrster said…
I don't think I said "give up" because, let's face it. THAT's not going to happen. Maybe just "cut back." Yeah, that's it....
Anonymous said…
So, um, the fact that you're thinking about the cheese, writing about the cheese, telling us how much you didn't miss it in your sandwich, what might that mean? That giving up cheese is the worst thing in the world! I LOVE CHEESE! Brave. Very brave.
vintagechica said…
Raising my hand to cheese here too! Love it. And congrats on your impending nuptuals! What a wonderful thing to be looking forward too. I will be checking back often to find out how things are progressing! Best wishes and many blessings!
carrster said…
okay - people. Let's get this straight IN NO WAY AM I GIVING UP CHEESE. That's just ridiculous!

I just had ONE sandwich without cheese. Just one! And today - guess what? I had two scrumptious slices of cheese on my turkey sandwich. And it was good.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....