Take Me Out to the Ballgame

I finally returned to a Twins' game after an embarrassing absence of 10 years! I love baseball and I love the Twins. I am a hometown girl, through and through and so enjoy a good game. I have extremely fond memories from my childhood of being "Daddy's Girl" and listening to the games on a crackly WCCO during summer storms and watching him lay on his back and throw his ball point pen (the clicky kind) up into the air over and over again as he concentrated on each play-by-play. We went to many games when I was a kid - well, not as many as we would've if we had LIVED in Minneapolis, but still it was a yearly thing for sure. I remember going to the old Met. I remember the first time I went to the Metrodome and that smell. It's not a bad smell just the Metrodome smell! I remember the Dazzle-Man's Grand Slam during the '87 World Series (Peder - do you remember we were doing the Nature Center's haunted walk that night?); I remember the homer hankies, I remember giving my Dad a "gift certificate" good for two Twins tickets and an order of nachos & coke with the condition that he had to use the other ticket for his youngest daughter. Heh. *sigh* Good times....

So, yeah - back to the 'dome and Saturday night. Steve & I and about 23 other family members (and near family members) went to the game. It was fantastic. The crowd was great, our seats weren't bad (10th row behind the left fielder - no homers though) and best of all WE WON! It was a blast and I'm so glad we went.

Now for some photos. I think they are blurry because I cannot for the life of me take a non-blurry picture without the flash on.



Ah the Metrodome...soon to be replaced by a brand-spanking new outdoor stadium



A shot of us in the stands



The annoyingly cute mascot "TC."



A mid-game celebration with my Mom.

Comments

woof nanny said…
Cute pic of you and your mom! Thanks for posting a comment on my blog--I really appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....