The FiestaWare Dilemma Goes on!!

okay - so I get home from work after going shopping for this weekend's camping trip and I'm pooped. I unload the groceries, eat dinner with Steve outside (under the shade of a big tree because it's WAY too hot to eat inside...) and am starting to pack up the goods when my Mom calls.

"Did you get my email?"

"No, I haven't checked my email yet"

"well...I just stopped in to Younkers...."

And it goes on. Apparently she was a little appalled by the prices at JC Pennys for the FiestaWare and also discovered that the items online are "factory ship" only so you can't go to the store and buy them...WTF? I guess if I would've paid more attention I would've realized that.

Anyway - she went to Younkers and talked to some nice 'registry' people and learned all about coupons, promotions, etc etc and had to call (and email) me right away.

So, because I'm leaving (hopefully) bright & early tomorrow morning the only time I had to check it out was RIGHT THEN. So off to Younkers I went to do a little MORE registering. *sigh* It's fun...but it's getting kind of repetitive. ha.

Anyway - it was nice. There's an actual person there to help you and walk you through things and show you where things are. And they had all the colors, DISPLAYED and it was so pretty. And I scanned and picked out pieces (forgot a couple things I want to add later) and strolled through the rest of the store...I picked out an electric knife and the KitchenAid mixer (again) and a SWEET ASS Cuisinart which is probably too expensive and I'll remove it lataer and some nice "serving" pieces (for candy, chips/dip, etc) so I"M DONE!

That's it - no more.

I deleted everything from my Kohl's and Penney's registries (although I can't seem to find out how to delete the actual registery....) and I'm moving on. This has taken up way too much time.

We still need to figure out a vacuum cleaner and some wine glasses (I found some at target.com just have to get the "okay" from the groom) and that should do it.

Whew!

Now, back to packing and laundry, and editing and....I think I need a diet coke.

It's still very hot in here.

I'd like to sit outside in a hammock. But I don't have a hammock....maybe I should register for one...hmmmm.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just another registry tip, don't remove the Cuisinart if you really would like it. Some people will want to pool their money to buy you a larger gift rather than each get you something smaller, so it's good to have things in all price ranges. If you don't get it, you don't get it, but having it on there won't hurt at all. No one will think you are greedy.
Test said…
Carrie, I agree with Donna. You will get some cash as well and some places give you a discount on remaining items on your registry after your wedding date. We went and filled out some of our stuff with a 15% discount or something like that.... No removing - get over it and let people splurge on you :)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....