Weekend Recap

Well, another weekend come and go. How on earth does that happen so damn fast?

Friday night we went to the play Noises Off! at the Duluth Playhouse. It was fantastic. They did a great job (although they're "accents" were a bit weak IMHO). My friend J was playing the director role and true to the review, he did a great job. Everyone did. All the hilarity, the silliness the utter chaos was just what I needed. I was laughing my fool head off. I did that show in '93 myself but have never seen a live production of it (only the movie) and it was SO MUCH FUN to sit in the audience. I highly recommend it if it's every playing near you.

Saturday - got up, putzed around and then headed down to 'the cities.' I stayed at my friend Sarah's house that night and in the afternoon we sat around chatting and distributing Newton's DVDs to whomever came by. Sadly only about 5 people came by but we did manage to get rid of (that sounds nice, huh?) 14 dvd's or so. It was fun to see people and to catch up too. It's been a long time. I met some of these people in March of '03! EEek.

Sarah & I went out for dinner and had LOVELY conversations. I miss that girl. It's so nice to just be able to hang out and talk and talk and talk and drink wine. heh. We went back to her place and we were GOING to work on my wedding invitations but instead watched Bridge Jones' Diary instead.

This morning I went to a baptism of the beautiful and super-well-behaved Miss KC. She was ADORABLE. So sweet and perfectly composed and incredibly mellow. The baptism was an immersion (even though it was at a Catholic church) which I had never seen before. The first two dunks went fine for the little one but by time the 3rd dunk came around she knew what was coming and didn't like it one bit. But that was quickly resovled by Daddy and a big fluffy towel so all was well. Following the Mass we all went to brunch at L&P's house. It was really nice. I got to catch up with L's family and eat TONS of excellent brunchy foods and sip mimosas. Delish.

I hit the road around 2, back in Duluth around 4. I cleaned up a few things, put my weekend stuff away, washed the cat bowls (that's a 'sunday-chore') and took a cat nap before heading out to Steve's Dad's house for dinner. I just got back and I'm going to take out my contacts and tackle a few invitations before calling it a night.

It was a good weekend but about 4 days too short!!!

Comments

Peder said…
I was in 'Noises Off' spring of '95. Lots and lots of fun. I'd love to see it again. Hell, I'd love to be in it again! Sounds like it was lots of fun.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....