Thank you. NO, thank you....

Am I the only one who still believes in the simplicity and necessity of thank-you notes? I know there are "rules" and such for big events (like weddings) but what about other occassions?

Since I'm a geek and am fairly comfortable playing withint the rules (well, it depends, really) I have always written thank you notes. I don't even think I was really prompted by my Mother it was just a natural thing to do. You get something, you thank someone. It has changed later in life as previously if I saw you, you gave me something and I thanked you in person, you probably didn't get a thank you note. NOW I find that I like sending notes after Christmas or birthdays just because...well, it's really nice to be appreciated and I like to appreciate people so it works! In this digital age, I sometimes succumb to sending an email or and e-card instead of an ACTUAL card but hey - at least it's something! And that's only what I do if I don't have cute thank-yous on hand.

I bring this up because twice in the past two months we've gone to a party of some sort where gifts were given or been invited but could not go - but send a gift and heard nothing! I am a tad bit put off. Not enough to stop giving gifts (please!) but still...I keep thinking....what if they didn't GET the gift? What if it fell into evil hands? What if the card got misplaced and they think we're lame for just giving them a card? What if it got lost along the way? What if some snarky relative stole it?

See??? These are the trials I deal with when there aren't thank you notes involved.

And if I send someone a care package and don't hear from them? Then I am pretty sure that the US Postal Service is hording my cutely decorated care packages and having a hey day eating home made goodies and reading my dorky letters. But I digress...people are usually kind of lazy (not all...but....)

I'm terrified of the wedding thank yous in my future. Not afraid of WRITING them. Hell no, I plan on doing thank yous in a very timely & efficient manner because, well, for certain things that's how I am (don't talk to me about my front door project). I'm scared that cards won't be with presents and we won't know what is from who and I will miss someone or thank someone for the wrong thing or not thank them at all....GAH!!!!

My Mother suggested that I give the person in charge of moving the presents from the reception room to the cabin a roll of scotch tape so they can take the cards on to make sure things are in the right place. My sister will get the honor (? duty?) of recording everything in a notebook so I know what is from who but I'm still scared. eeeek.

See? This is what happens when I'm sitting here BORED OFF MY ASS at 3:50 on a Friday afternoon when it is BEAUTIFUL outside and a virtual GHOST TOWN inside. I start WORRYING about things that will happen 3 months + 1 day from now. Perhaps I need a little something more to do during my day, hmmmm?

SIDE NOTE: I've joined my first craft swap and I'm OH SO excited! I get to go to the fabric store and buy fabric which I haven't done in ages. I get to bust out my neglected sewing machine and start creating something WITH A DEADLINE which is sooooo what I need. If you're feeling crafty or curious - check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....