Happy Summer!

Ah......summertime....

It has arrived in the Northland and it is a great thing. Like the DJ's on the radio this morning were saying, I think the first day of summer SHOULD be a holiday and we should all get the day off to sit in our yards and drink margaritas or go to the beach or go for a paddle or just lounge about soaking up every last drop of sunlight. *sigh*

Last year Steve & I celebrated the solstice here and this year we will most likely be on the Superior Hiking Trail or paddling on the big lake. Haven't decided yet (have to check the wave conditions on L. Superior before deciding on putting the canoe in or not!) but I hope that the evening includes a picnic supper with wine and lots of time to soak in the light in the sky (til about 11pm) before going home. It will be good to have a 'date night' as we haven't had much time lately to do something fun with each other and I'm starting to get sad about that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Really? You get light untill 11 p.m.?? That is so cool! Oh wait, except I have trouble going to sleep before it's dark outside, so maybe that wouldn't be so cool for me if I had to go to work.

Happy Summer to you too!
carrster said…
I wouldn't say it's LIGHT but yes, there is still light in the sky at 11pm. I had forgotten about that when I lived in LA. There's even quite a difference between here (Duluth) and Austin, MN which is 250 miles to the south.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....