Biting the Bullet

Well, I did it. I bought a NEW COMPUTER today!

I already "own" 2 macs and 1/2 of a Dell....but really I needed MY OWN machine...

You see, in '97 I bought an iMac with my then SO, later in '01 we jointly (though already separate) bought a G4 733 tower (on which I learned to edit video & completed 2 films and numerous weddings)....but you see, that's not practical. He has both at his place. The iMac while cute is no longer usable for my needs; the G4 is too bulky to "share" lugging back and forth and I want portability! I want wireless internet! I want MY OWN COMPUTER....so

Oh the Dell, It's okay, I like it enough to use for composing our wedding invites, updating my blog, chatting, emailing, playing weboggle & sudoku but really? I'm a Mac girl at heart. I have all the software I need to be EDITING and I can't do it on the Dell.

And I'm hopefully going to start freelancing as soon as the new Mac arrives to start paying it off. My goal is to make enough in freelance this year (through Dec) to have the thing paid for and maybe a year's worth of .Mac as well. We shall see....

It's small but I can use a monitor if/when that drives me nuts and it's FAST. It will kick my G4's ass! Whooohooo!

Here're the specs:

MacBook - black
  • 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
  • 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x256
  • 80GB Serial ATA drive
  • SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
  • AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth
I'm so very very excited!!!! I can't wait til that baby is in my hot little hands! Wheeeeeee!

Oh and if you need anything edited...let me know! ha.



Comments

Anonymous said…
My husband will be sooooo jealous. He wants one so bad!

Congrats on your new baby!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....