Weekends Go By Way Too Fast

Sunday evening yet again....things checked off the "to do" list....

* Went to see The Triplets of Belleville which was awesome. I am so impressed they played it here. Granted it was at The Playground - which is an offshoot of the local community theatre and strives to bring things like foreign & independent films to Duluth. Thank god.

* Laundry

* Grocery shopping, Target run

* I went to Michael's for their "wedding event." What a joke! The event consisted of a table pushed off to the side which had a few place setting & favor ideas on it. They also had a couple of brochures showing different invitation designs. Um...WTF? I was really hoping that there would be creative people there showing a few cool ideas. What I ended up with was a couple of invite kits which I could've bought on ANY day at Michaels. It was a tad disappointing.

Still haven't finished painting the kitchen (I think I'm in a funk about it and just can't get it finished!!); haven't finished knitting the prayer shawl for my friend; haven't finished editing Steve's sister's wedding (although I did make progress today); haven't fixed the plumbing issues that we're having (actually made it slightly worse today) - you get the idea.

I think 3- or 4-day weekends should be mandatory.

On another note HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mothers (or soon to be Mothers, Donna, I'm looking at you...). We went to brunch with Steve's Mom and I ate WAY too much omlette than I'm sure is allowed on my diet. Sheesh! The mimosas were divine.

Comments

Peder said…
Triplets of Bellville - glad you've got a theater that's playing it but, man was I disappointed by that movie. Some good music but that's about it.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....