It's All About Grout

Well, I've been absent for the past few days for a few reasons....

The weekend was spent editing my future sister-in-law's wedding (and future bro-in-law, I guess). They were up helping with the bathroom 'redo' on Steve's Dad's house and only so many people can fit in a bathroom so I stayed here and edited away. I was hoping to get things finished and send them off with a lovely DVD by Monday, but that didn't happen. The editing is done, the tweaking, done; rendering of various filters, done; the motion menu, done....but sadly every time I try to export an m2v file, Final Cut Pro crashes. *sigh* I need to upgrade my FCP methinks.

But the past 2 nights have been about grout. Since they diligently tore everything (except the bathtub) OUT of the bathroom and then measured, cut and mortared the tiles, I felt it was my duty to grout the thing. Ay yi yi. A job I thought would take "a couple hours" ended up taking about 5 1/2 and my poor little digits are practically raw from all the sanded grout. eeek. My back's not super happy either but the FLOOR looks fantastic, ifIdosaysomyself.....Granted there are portions I am not happy with and I will be "touching up" in the coming days/weeks but for the most part I have successfully completed my first floor grouting experience.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm very proud of you! My dad and I are going to be tiling what will be Curtainrod's bathroom very soon, although I'm not sure how much he'll actually let me do. But I am eager to learn how to tile!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....