Bike to Work Day

Hey! It’s Ride your Bike to Work Day – well, that’s what I’ve been saying all week but It’s actually “Bike to Work Day” which is much easier to say due to less syllables. Heh. I’m not sure how many fine citizens of Duluth are participating in this annual event but I for one AM! Whoohooo! I always have great expectations of myself biking to work all summer long, getting exercise WHILE saving gas and the environment a little bit, toning my legs and helping out my heart. I like it! But about 2 weeks into my 3-day a week riding I give up. Last year it was due to my chain jumping track and me not knowing how to get it back on and having to push my bike all the way home which really really sucked.

I thought I would have a problem with the 6am wake up but it wasn’t too bad. I figured I could snooze as many times as I usually do since the alarm was set much earlier (and technically it’s 5:45 wake up because I fool myself by setting my clock 15 mins ahead – sneaky huh? I hope I don’t find out!) and the timing should be about the same. Since I got my hair done last night I didn’t need to wash it which saved lots of time. I even ate breakfast before leaving which I have been skipping lately (and eating at work) which was nice. I made it in 12-15 minutes which is a record for me – usually takes closer to 20. So, I was at work a bit early – highly unusual. Of course my building doesn’t have a bike rack so I had to improvise on a railing which took a while but she’s all locked up safe & sound and looking forward to the ride home.

I’m looking forward to lunchtime because instead of cleaning – which I should be doing as my folks are coming up tonight – I get to read for the full hour while sitting outside! Yes! It will be quite a treat. An hour seems much much longer when you don’t drive home. Plus, my lunch is already made so I just get to grab it and go. Hopefully there’ll be some ship traffic while I’m sitting at the canal. That always makes me happy. Enjoy your Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....