The Arrival

THE DVDS ARE HERE! THE DVDS ARE HERE!!

Newton’s Disease has officially been born! That’s how I feel. I feel as though these 6 boxes of dvd’s and 1000s of postcards are my babies! I was thrilled to hear they arrived, rushed right down to ogle the boxes and to lovingly stroke the dvds. Yes, I did. To see so many of them each with the title, our artwork, our “blurbs” our bar code!!! *sigh* It was a moment which left me feeling proud and plastered a big smile across my face.

This has been the hardest task of my life. It has consumed 3 years and thousands (upon thousands) of dollars (thanks Citibank!). It has made me laugh, cry, tear my hair out, throw things, yell, smile, sigh, bleed (probably….), wish I had never started it and anxiously await starting the next one. Roller coaster? Yes. No other way to describe it. I learned how to solve problems, keep finances in order, negotiate (sort of), cajole needed things from cast & crew, prioritize, organize and fully appreciate everything that goes into a feature film. I also picked up a few editing hours along the way (I am the editor, after all).

I don’t know what’s next….selling a few would be nice; getting in a festival would be lovely; being picked up by a distributor would be fantastic and having someone pay a lot of money for it and hire us to make another would be excellent.

Then again – to sit in one theatre anonymously while people watch and laugh and are inspired to TALK about it would be the best. That’s all I ask for. For people to not throw rotten tomatoes at the screen and to hiss and boo that would be the greatest reward…because while I think my baby is beautiful, I’m not sure how the rest of the world will receive it.

THAT’S the hardest part.

We’ll soon be for sale on Newton's Disease and also on FilmBaby or you can leave me a comment and I’ll send you one directly. Or if you happen to see us at a local film festival or someday in a small art house theater in your town, check us out.

Comments

Peder said…
That's wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....