Springing

Here in the northland spring is TRYING to be sprung. Today for instance was GORGEOUS. Bright blue sky, the lake was a ridiculous match of the sky, the sun was up high(er) in the sky and shining so brightly - but it was a tease. Outside of my work building's walls was the truth. The bitterly cold eastern wind (blowing over the lake which REALLY makes things chilly). But it was fun to imagine even 50 degrees and feeling the warmth of the sun. I did enjoy that.

I went to the Y after work for my usual 30 minutes of biking. Then I met Steve for a hike. We hiked in Lester Park which is one of Duluth's beautiful gems of a park. Filled with lots of trails for x-country skiing in the winter and more for exploring by foot in the summer, it's really a beautiful oasis in the city. We could hike! On ground! (mostly) as most of the snow/ice has melted. The Lester River & Amity Creek were high and roaring with their snow melt and making me imagine the hot summer nights to come and wading in the waters to cool off. We hiked part of a ski trail, we hiked up part of "7 Bridges Road" (which lead's to Hawk's Ridge), we wandered through the new forest-friendly Hawk's Ridge Estates (and found a few PRIME lots that we'd love to have all tucked away in the wilderness) and we decided to have pizza for dinner. hee hee...We walked for almost 2 hours. It was really cooling off by the time we were done but the sky was still light (at 7:45 - yes!) and the fresh air smelled wonderful.

There are a few hints of spring - a bit of green moss here & there, catkins hanging off the alder trees dripping with pollen and the promise of growth to come. *sigh*

Then we had pizza. It was great. And I didn't even feel guilty since I did a double-workout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....