A new adventure

Today I made the first step in what I hope turns into a very fufilling new adventure. I had my first meeting with the Mentor Duluth people - I'm going to be a mentor!

I have a lengthy application process to go through - background check, criminal check, reference check; meetings with screeners, parents and eventually getting matched up with a kid that has similar interests to me and needs a positive adult role model.

I'm really excited! This is something I've wanted to do for a couple of years now but have always found some excuse to not go through with it. I'm proud of myself for finally picking up the phone and making the call and getting the ball rolling.

My idea, if it works out, would be to have both me and my future mentee 'blog our experience...we could share pictures, stories and maybe even learn a little bit about building web pages or something. Could be kind of fun.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you! That sounds so rewarding.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....