Belated Easter Update

It was a GOOD FRIDAY! We got out of work early - 2pm which was very nice. I was on the road by 3:30pm only 30 minutes past my desired time of departure. Steve didn't acompany me to Austin because he wanted to stay with his Dad so I was flying solo.

Got to my folks house around 7:00 or so. We sat on the deck and had a glass of wine followed by a lovely bbq dinner (burgers). That night I made birds nests (so cute! I should've taken a picture) for table decorations/treats and worked on my Grandma's prayer shawl.

Saturday morning my Mom, sister & I went to a few shops and ate a light lunch at a new cute little cafe in town. That afternoon I took a walk with my mom and furiously knitted some more. I finished the shawl about 30 minutes before my Grandma arrived! Whew!!

We had our Easter dinner on Saturday evening. My folks, my sister & bro-in-law, my grandparents and my cousin. It was yummy (of course) - ham, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole and some kind of salad I must've pushed out of my brain to make room for more potatoes. Afterwards we had a pineapple/lemon cake dessert thingy. Yummilicious!

The evening ended with a rousing came of Rummy Royale (aka Tripoli) which I came out 65 cents ahead. Yes!

Sunday morning we went to church followed by a lovely brunch at Lansing Corners. I ate too much. What else is new. There was time for a game of Up & Down the River (where I lost my 65 cents + a few more) and then a quick visit with the Grandparents before heading back up to Duluth.

On the way back to Duluth I stopped in Faribault to visit my Grandma R . I was tempted by the pumpkin pie and mandarin orange cake dessert thingy which she had baked but I resisted. Whew! It was tough.

Got back to Duluth around 7. Putzed around the house and REJOICED when Steve got home around 10 because I missed him something fierce.

And that is the story of my Easter Weekend.

OH! I left Steve a letter & clues when I left as I set up an Easter Basket Treasure hunt since I wouldn't be HERE to play Easter Bunny on Sunday morning. He was successful in unraveling all my cryptic messages and found his treats! :-) I'm a huge dork, I know. But he liked it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....