Scrapbookpalooza!

Well, I'm packing right now for a long weekend. Yes, I've agreed to go to a 5 day scrapbook retreat with my sister! Ack! Okay, I'm going tomorrow and coming back Monday because 5 days is too much. 12 hours is too much (which I have done before) so this should be interesting. The retreat is a brand new "cabin" in the northwoods (but south of here) near a place called Cross Lake. It's gorgeous and hardly what I think of when I say cabin. The cabin was built for scrapbookers so there are scrapbooking ammenities - a large work room with large tables, computers, die cut machines, printers that take 12 x 12 paper, massage chair (!), a drive way to the lower level to make unloading easier, etc. We each get our own custom made log bed (16 of us), we split dinner duty (I picked dessert for Saturday - I bought fixin's for ice cream sundaes - yummy and easy! And personal! and ice cream! and I didn't have time to bake this week! :-( But that's okay because it's ice cream! Anyhooo - I'll be bringing my knitting (because there's NO WAY I can scrapbook that much...I'm not that into it but I do love the embellishments) and I'm bringing some music, some books and some dvd's. I am also bringing my snowshoes and my new coat in case I want to tromp about in the woods.

Basically I wanted to do this to get away with my sister (and her friends) and to do something crafty and that's it! I signed up with her in October (a friend of hers was the "organizer") and I've already paid and it should be a very nice weekend.

For one weekend no litter boxes to scoop, no fridges to scrub, no laundry to do, I just get to do whatever I want and that'll be fun. Of course I will miss Mr. Steve (I asked him if he wanted to come along - he scoffed!!) but then I will get to hug him and love him up when I get home. it's only 3 nights. Sheesh. I'm a weirdo.

So there ya have it! I'll be back on Monday (or Tuesday).

Happy Weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....