End of the Weekend

What a way to end the weekend. Beavis was just outside for almost an hour which is long for him and he wouldn't come in. Iko came in, no problem (he can be easily bought with treats, heck, both of them can!) Beavis can jump over our neighbors (wooden) fence but not the chain link surrounding the rest of our yard and he usually escapes that way. Well, he wasn't in there yard, he wasn't in the alley, he wasn't under the cedar tree - I couldn't find him anywhere! He wasn't responding to cat calls (ha ha) or me shaking the treats, he just wasn't coming. I was fine and thought - He'll come back. He's too wussy to spend a night out in the cold (currently 34 degrees) but when Steve called I lost it. I told him I couldn't find Beavis and the waterworks started. Immediately I heard the concern in his voice as well and he said he'd be right home. Well, after a minute or two of hysteria (keepittogetherkeepittogetherkeepittogether *bonus points if you can name the movie) I went out front again to yell for him and when I did he came tearing across the neighbors lawn. Of course he was obstructed by a chain link fence and didn't know what to do (he could've walked around it in the front, I'm not saying he's Einstein) so he returned to their back yard and the fence that he COULD jump over....with me trailing behind him. I snatched him up, gave him a big hug and carried him inside. I'm so glad I can go to bed tonight knowing that both kitties are safe & sound inside.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....