Belated Weekend Update or How I avoid doing my taxes

The weekend was good - busy and went to quickly - as usual.

Friday night Steve & I went to an art opening at the Artspace gallery here in town. A friend of mine was showing some works with a couple of other guys. It was a fun opening - good art, tons of people to mingle with, munchies and a keg! Whooo. ha. Afterwards there was a part at my friend's studio. It wasn't quite as fun as the gallery just because people mingled less. Oh well. It was a good time.

Saturday I accompanied Steve on some inspections. We journeyed way the heck out to "Menagha, MN" which is about 170 miles to the west of here. He only had two to do and I happily knitted and read and generally amused myself and hopefully him a little bit. On the way back we stopped at my aunt & uncle's for a visit.

They live in a log home which they built. It started as a one room w/sleeping loft log home that my uncle J built. When my aunt B came along they made some additions and when the two kids arrived they completed the house. It's very cool. I love it. Steve loved it too. They have a bunch of land which we toured, a pond, a really cool tree house, raised bed gardens, a huge pole barn for their business (arborist), a woodshop and an iron forge! Yes, my uncle and my 12 year old cousin have an iron forge. They make all sorts of things - most notably my cousin makes lots of swords, daggers, knives, etc. He's incredibly talented and smart (and such a talker! ay yi yi). As a family they do things like hunt deer (on their property near the river), go period camping at rendezvouz, generally they are about the coolest family I can think of. Those two examples don't quite explain it but it's cool. They only get one tv station because they're in the boonies so they only watch the news a little bit. They listen to the radio a lot, they're not always on the computer, they make jelly....it's a cool lifestyle. We hung out with them all evening - just chatting and looking at pictures. We had a lovely dinner. The next day we went snowshoeing with them on their river property. It was gorgeous. They camp out there (60+ acres) - they let the boy scouts, girl scouts, church camps, Y camps, etc use their land. We had a fire and ate soup after our hike. It was awesome. I get a lot of inspiration from the two of them (and their awesome children). It was fun.

After that we cruised back to Duluth and visited Roger. We ate dinner with him and afterwards he counted to five for me! It was so cool! I think he got frustrated with himself after that but I definitely heard words which was really cool. I tried to get him to sing with me but it wasn't that successful of an attempt. He did sing Cecilia with me - he sang harmony which was SO COOL. :-) We'll have to try that again. I think I'll take my Simon & Garfunkel cd's next time and maybe my music book to see if he knows any other songs.

I watched the Oscars that night....I loved the theme & the set. I thought Selma Hayek was the best dressed and was consused by the large bow on Charlize's dress. I loved the fact that George Clooney won an Oscar and enjoyed (but was confused too) by all the montages. I thought Jon Stewart was okay - but not superb. I was happy for the winners and thougth "eh" about Crash

That catches ya up over the weekend. This week at work has been blissfully busy which is fantastic. Makes things go so much faster. I made a wedding "to-do" list and had a slight heart attack and I also got to deliver the daffodils that people ordered at work for the American Cancer Society's Daffodil Days - and that was fun.

Tomorrow will be more of the same + Salsa Cardio and some movie work. Trying to get our dvd's sent off by Friday. There is one delay after another. *sigh*

Oh and I just baked some chocolate chip cookies.

And I suppose now I must do my g.d. taxes. I can procrastinate no longer...I even already cleaned the litter boxes (all 3 of them!!).
winning. As mentioned before I was underwhelmed and yet didn't like feeling like the movie was hitting me over the head with a gigantic GREEK TRAGEDY MASKED hammer. *sigh* Next year I'm definitely going to try to have another Oscar party. I love to throw a party.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....