My Time

Well, I didn't end up going to callbacks for the show. I appreciated the opinions I got from you here and from some friends in my email too. I don't know why it was such a hard decision for me.

This is a big year of change for me - I'm getting married, I need to look towards the future and think about things like our life together, our finances together, having children together, growing old, blah blah blah. There are things that I want in our everyday that I won't be able to accomplish if I'm rehearsing 6-10 6 nights a week for 10 weeks! Gah!

The house projects have to be done. We found a house that we absolutely fell in love with in November (even though we're technically "not looking") and we could've made a move if the house was in selling condition. Don't get me wrong. I love my house. I could live here for a long time - big yard, 3 bedrooms, 2 car garage, 2 bathrooms, huge kitchen, cute porch (now that it's done) - but the neighborhood is not that great and I don't really see myself raising kids (in this neighborhood). The house that we loved is in an incredible neighborhood (where we want to be - Lester Park for those of you who know). A block from the woods which is amazing. And an awesome investment. The property value will skyrocket in the next few years - as it is a very desirable location to live....my neighborhood now? Not so much...so there has to be a few improvements so when the time DOES come we can make a quick move...and hopefully I'll be able to use this winter to finish some projects. As of Sunday - one such pending "project" is now about 75% completed. (mostly by Steve but some by me).

And I just want to have time this winter to get into shape, to look beautiful for my wedding day - which is why I joined the Y in the first place. It's a luxury I can't REALLY afford but it was something I wanted to do for ME and I felt being in a show right now wouldn't allow me time for that. Salsa Cardio may sound silly to you but to me it is a fun and kick ass workout. It inspires me, it humbles me and it gets my heart rate PUMPING.

The retreat with my sister was important to me because it is something we've been planning for months. I would've felt like a huge heel to back out on it. We will have a blast. I enjoy spending time with her so much. I'm glad I'm not going to miss out on that.

And the film fests - there are 2 possible fests that we've submitted to (okay, one, I'm not really holding my breath for but the other one, I kind of am...) and if we get accepted - I might like to go and actually try to sell this g.d. film that I've been working on for almost 3 years...

So there are my reasons - I thought about it long and hard and realize in the face of some of the REAL life issues that my friends are facing, it was a silly debate...but nonetheless it required me thinking it through.

There will be more opportunities....I'll just have to see what's around the corner....

Comments

African Kelli said…
Well, it sounds like you've got everything under control. I agree -- taking time at the Y in the mornings for me is the best time I spend all day. It is so important to my mental and emotional health. When is the big day? So exciting!
Anonymous said…
It's even better to see you made peace with your decision than to see that you managed to make the decision in the first place. Cool for you!

Never underestimate the relative importance - to your life - of such a decision. Don't play it down because other people have bigger problems, because those are just other people's problems, and not your own...

-Fruey

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....